Author Sherri Mills

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Appreciation Card

Are you having problems in your marriage?

Get a 3 by 5 card and list all of your husbands good qualities. Keep it in a recipe file or anywhere you can easily get at it when he is being a major jerk.

List everything, no matter how trivial.

Is he hard working?
Does he make you laugh?
Does he love your children?
Does he keep himself clean?
Is he always on time?

Put your thinking cap on and come up with everything you remotely like about him.

The card I had written for my husband had 22 specific attributes. Reading them made me realize he was a definite keeper, no matter how enraged I became.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that one step further helps a great deal. After 35 years of marriage I have found that expressing appreciation really helps the atmosphere. Saying "thank you" and "I appreciate that" makes me feel better and I hear it more from him. It also made it easier to go a step further and say things "I think you are right" or "I hadn't thought about that". I get too caught up in thinking my opinion is the only right one and letting that go has made a big difference!

    ReplyDelete