Author Sherri Mills

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

From Prosperity to Poverty

I had a new client the other day who lived in a run down motel, worked at a place for $7.00 an hour and had a daughter who lived this existence right along with her mom.

I did the thing I do best. I began questioning her to discover how she got into this position in the first place. I got an ear full.

Even though I had heard it so many times before, I was still shocked to hear her story.

While she was married, she lived in a big house with a pool and all the amenities. She also had a son. However,he was no longer with her. He had opted to live with his dad because his dad was the one with the money.

Her reason for divorcing; She and her husband both had full time jobs, she kept everything up on the home front, while her husbands domestic deeds were non existent. His off time was spent golfing, fishing, and mountain climbing when he wasn't watching TV.

She told me that she knew she should have been able to do it all, she just couldn't handle it.

It was her turn to get an ear full, to no avail.

She was so matter-of-fact about her dire situation, it was eerie.

Stories like this are the reason my book had to be written.

I

No comments:

Post a Comment