Author Sherri Mills

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Co-operative Husbands

I have documented my research that shows we have a real problem on the domestic front.

I have done hundreds of interviews in four different states and every once in a while I have found an anomaly: a woman who says her husband shares the responsibilities. At the moment, I can only think of three such couples.

The men in these well-balanced couples all share one thing in common. They have all done householder work before. Some grew up without girl siblings. Some had parents who insisted on cleaning chores for both sexes. Some had to cook or clean because of family hardship. These experiences automatically made these men aware of what householder responsibilities entailed. They immediately had empathy for their wives and chipped in almost instinctively.

As I have said many times, most men would be happy to co-operate, if they only knew what their wives were going through. They will never know without being an active participant. How can you get your husband to participate? The answer is in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment