Author Sherri Mills

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Keeping Him Was Worth It

My view on keeping marriages together gets stronger every day. I see disasters from divorce situations on a regular basis. Occasionally however, I see the miracle of a marriage, once on the brink of divorce, that has been saved.

A client visited my salon the other day who was enjoying twenty years of a renewed marriage.

She said, "Sherri, I will never be able to thank you enough for bullying me into saving my marriage."

This woman had been dealt the ultimate betrayal. Her husband had been having an affair with one of her friends. When she found out about it she was determined to file for divorce immediately. She planned on taking her four kids out of school and moving in with her mom. Her mom lived in another state.

It took a lot of counseling, a lot of work, and most of all time to regain her trust, but their marriage is stronger than ever. They do everything together, and he has been faithful for twenty years.

It does my heart good.

No comments:

Post a Comment