Author Sherri Mills

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

65 And Still Mourning For Her Dad

I talked to a lady yesterday who was excited about my book. We were talking about how divorce makes kids suffer.

I said, "The kids get lost in their parents depression until their straight A's turn to F's, they get on drugs, or contemplate suicide."

She said, "I am 65 years old. My parents divorced 30 years ago and it still affects me."

Tears were welling up in her eyes and she said, "My dad hasn't been to a birthday party, a graduation or anything since the divorce. I will mourn him til the day I die."

We all need to realize the ramifications of divorce before we make a life change.

2 comments:

  1. For those of us who are already divorced, your book helps keep things in perspective and forces us adults to keep a better eye on the situation, to make sure we fix the anger for our children, to make those extra needed efforts in all aspects of the dysfunctional situations that we create in all aspects of our lives to ensure that the kids get the best chances possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Nicole. It makes me feel good that you are already divorced and you still like my book. I made sure to put in the book that some marriages just can't be saved and if there is any violence in the family you need to run not walk to the the nearest exit. I still get a lot of anger from divorced folks.
    If there are children mixed in the next marriage. It is so important to keep that marriage intact as well.It sounds like you are on the right track.

    ReplyDelete